Beautiful, youthful skin has little to do with youth. Improper lifestyle habits, genes, the sun, stress and unhealthy food choices can take a toll on anyone’s skin from any age group. Whether you are a teenager, in your twenties or beyond, our skin care tips from dermatologists
can help you. No need to splurge on expensive skin care products to get firm, flawless skin. All you need is to follow these simple tips on a daily basis:
5 Daily Skin Care Practices
1. Apply sunscreen before you step out: Sunscreen is the biggest secret behind glowing, youthful skin. It is fortified with several ingredients that shield you from harmful UV rays of the sun. Sunscreen reduces the risk of skin cancer and visible signs of ageing. Choose a water-resistant one with SPF 30 or more. Don’t forget to use it on your kids too. Their delicate skin needs it as much as you do, especially in the hot summer months, but be sure to use it only on kids above the age of six.
2. Stay away from cigarettes: Smoking can ruin your skin, just as it affects your heart, lungs, brain, and libido. Cigarette smoke contains carbon monoxide which leaves your skin dry and discoloured. It depletes vital nutrients such as vitamin C which protects and repairs damaged skin. If you don’t want wrinkles, crows’ feet, baggy eyelids and dry, coarse skin, drop the habit.
3. Buy skin care products that suit your skin: You need to understand your skin type to know which skin care products work best. Is your skin oily, dry, sensitive or a combination of dry and oily? The wrong products can aggravate skin damage. Talk to a skin care professional to figure out which category your skin falls under and buy products accordingly.
4. Daily skin cleansing: Use a gentle cleanser suited to your skin type to clean thoroughly when you wake up and before you sleep. Clogged makeup, sweat, grime, smog and dust from pollution can invite bacteria to settle your skin. Don’t be rough when you scrub,
it irritates your skin and worsens acne flare-ups. Be kind to your skin to see it glow with good health. Wet your face with lukewarm water, apply cleanser in a circular motion, wash off and pat dry. Apply a light moisturizer before you sleep and sunscreen before you step outside.
5. Lessen stress: Finding ways to manage stress is a key to good health and healthy skin. Skin flare-ups such as psoriasis, eczema, rosacea and acne are all caused primarily by stress. See a dermatologist to treat severe skin ailments or to firm up skin that’s ageing
Advanced Skin Tightening Treatment at FAB Laser and Skin Care
Visit a professional skin care centre if you wish to turn around sun damaged, aging or unhealthy skin. FAB skincare in Burnaby combines advanced technology with expert skincare knowledge to tighten loose, sagging skin, improve skin tone and elasticity.
Our specialists use state-of-the-art RadioFrequency energy to induce collagen remodelling and neocollagenesis to tighten and brighten skin. The treatment takes just 30-45 minutes. You can go straight to back to work or school without anyone knowing what you’ve been up to. In as little as three to four weeks, you will see a visible difference. Give us a call to help you turn your skin around.